Greenhouse




Inside of the terrarium
You hold me gently back by my elbows,
pictures are snapped, tucking us in.
Memory is feeble -
Flowerheads flop lazily behind us.

Rain from interwoven, white pipes -
murmur as they create atmosphere
Stuffy and dense, you reach
Guide me through the manmade fog.
Dressed for a wedding
Overwhelming happiness and
Cobalt chrysanthemums distract me.

I split the blade of grass
And form a true-love ring.
Remember to remember
Dead things are always recalled as dawn. 
Blink once slowly, memory photograph, 
I am withdrawn.

Swapping stories over pale blue cake
I take bites to keep from talking.
Icing stains our teeth, your tongue.
Gridded glass helps me define
Latitude, longitude
Keep my thoughts pinned despite the
Whirring fans and tangled ferns.

“No that didn’t happen then”
Moments slip easily into clear plastic sleeves.
I don’t know the name of that flower
But remember Feynman said names don’t matter.
White obscures the sky, clouds settle in closely
Press up against the glass panes, leering.


its been a really long time since i've put any of my poems into the world.  feels weird, but being vulnerable is supposedly a good thing, so i've heard.  anyways, this is old, more to come?